Do you think that our pages may interest some of your friends or people you know?
-> Recommend us!
Singing is an integral part of First Nations cultures throughout North America—so integral in fact, that many Aboriginal languages don't have a word for "music." People sing day or night to thank Mother Earth for all her gifts; to express love; to heal the sick; to ask for a successful hunt; to seek guidance. Night is a particularly magical time for the K'ómoks and Kwakwaka'wakw First Nations in British Columbia as the community comes together to sing to the rhythmic beat of a drum. As masked dancers breathe movement into the song, the outside world falls away and the melody floats to the sky. Sound waves become moonlight and stars dance to reveal the inter-connectivity of all things.
A beautiful 3-coin set showcasing three beautiful finishes all in one set. Each coin is struck in ultra-high relief with extra-deep contours that have been carved into the coin's surface, which can only be achieved through additional strikes and extensive hand-crafting and polishing.
A gorgeous gift for someone who enjoys First Nations art. Order yours today before they're all gone!
• A FIRST! Your 3-coin set features three finishes (proof, antique and colour enamel) all in ultra-high relief—an original and captivating showcase of different visual effects to express one theme. Antique patina and colour enamel are applied by hand.
• Everson's bold and unique representation of a singing moon shines with a trilogy of finishes to reflect the myriad ways songs can affect the moonlight. The proof finish, hand-applied antique and colour enamel bring their own distinct beauty to the coin’s ultra-high relief; those extra-deep contours that have been carved into the coin's surface and can only be achieved through additional strikes and extensive hand-crafting and polishing.
• Features an original design by renowned Canadian artist Andy Everson of the K'ómoks and Kwakwaka'wakw First Nations in British Columbia.
• An exceptional celebration of First Nations art and heritage.
• LOW MINTAGE: Only 3,000 made worldwide, these will sell quickly!
• BEAUTIFUL WOODEN BOX: Your coins will be displayed in a beautiful wooden box, ideal to showcase these unique coins!
• Your 3-coin set is GST/HST exempt.
About the Design:
Renowned Canadian artist Andy Everson has created this coin’s bold and unique representation of a singing moon. The moon lights up the night sky as it sends its melodic voice in all four directions as depicted by the four oblong shapes positioned along its circumference. In response, the stars twinkle and dance, as represented by the dots and round contours between the oblong shapes. Every curve and detail is imbued with the rich artistic traditions of the K'ómoks and Kwakwaka'wakw First Nations in British Columbia.
Each coin is encapsulated individually and the set is presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded wooden box with black beauty box. (source: Canadian Mint)
Return to previous page.