Do you think that our pages may interest some of your friends or people you know?
-> Recommend us!
First in the new Prehistoric Animals Series!
Despite the species’ extinction 10,000 years ago, the woolly mammoth continues to inspire and intrigue many who identify it with the last glacial period. With these finely detailed coins, the Royal Canadian Mint celebrates this impressive mammal that once roamed parts of present-day Canada.
The mammoth fills nearly the entire face of each coin, shown in a striking side profile, sculpted in exceptional detail. Subscribe today!
• First in the new Prehistoric Animals Series! Subscribe today and receive both the silver and the gold Woolly Mammoths!
• Your subscription consists of two equal payments of $184.95. Your silver coin ships first and you will receive your gold coin one month later.
• Image fills almost the entire coin!
• This finely detailed portrayal of the mammoth has been selectively frosted to enhance the soft natural texture of the fur, and accent its smooth, curved tusks.
• The pose highlights the imposing stature of the mammoth, and the natural beauty of the tusks which could grow to 4 meters long!
The coin features a scientifically accurate depiction of a woolly mammoth, verified by paleontologists from the Royal Tyrrell Museum of Paleontology. With its head raised, the mammoth’s trunk is outstretched between its famously long, curved tusks. The thick, coarse fur that enables it to survive the colder temperatures is shorter here, reflecting the moulting that scientists believe took place in the early summer. The mammoth’s extra hump of fat is seen over the shoulders and are in the background, the low grasses and gentle sloping hills of the mammoth’s habitat stretches past the image’s outer rim on both sides.
Your coins are encapsulated and presented in individual Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshells with custom beauty boxes.
Return to previous page.